- Can you order a bike online?
- How do I buy a Trek bike online?
- How much does it cost to have a bike assembled?
- How do bikes come shipped?
- What is the best online bike store?
- Can I trade my bike for a new one?
- Why are Trek bikes so expensive?
- How can I get a discount on a bike?
- Is trek the best bike brand?
- Can you buy assembled bikes at Walmart?
- Does Walmart offer free bike assembly?
- When you buy a bike from Walmart is it already assembled?
- Are Walmart bikes good?
- Is Planet Cyclery legit?
- What size bike should I buy?
- Which is better Giant or Trek?
- Is Trek bike worth the money?
- Do bike shops negotiate price?
- What’s wrong with Walmart bikes?
- What is the best cheap bike?
- Which is a better bike Schwinn or Mongoose?
- How much do bike shops mark up bikes?
- What is the best time of year to buy a bicycle?
- How do I buy a good used bike?
- What should I know before buying a bike?
- How much should a used bike cost?
- Is buying a used bike worth it?
Can you order a bike online?
Buying a bike online can be done two ways.
First, there are manufacturers, like Canyon, YT, and others that ship bikes straight to customers.
Typically they have a team in each country for technical and warranty support.
Then there are online shops with their own bike brands, like Vitus from Chain Reaction Cycles.
How do I buy a Trek bike online?
The first thing you need to know is that it’s easy to buy your perfect bike online.
- Step 1: Choose your bike. The Trek Bike Finder.
- Step 2: Choose your size. Find your size.
- Step 3: Choose your accessories. Shop clothing.
- Step 4: Choose your delivery method.
- Step 5: Register your bike.
How much does it cost to have a bike assembled?
This service starts at $60 for single speed bikes (fender and basket installation extra) up to $200 for high end tri and road bikes. Bikes previously assembled and ridden are another matter, and if the bike is in good working condition when boxed for shipping, prices start at $40 for a simple reassembly.
How do bikes come shipped?
You put the handlebars on the stem, put the front wheel in the fork, install the pedals, and then the seat and seat post. All mechanical adjustments have been made, you only need to adjust the seat to the proper height and make sure the levers are at a comfortable angle.
What is the best online bike store?
Click on any store name to go to it
|2||Competitive Cyclist (4)||2|
|3||Tredz Limited (3)||2|
|4||Power Meter City||2|
33 more rows
Can I trade my bike for a new one?
The bike must be in good working order, free of structural damage, clean and ready to be resold. If it is not, we will let you know what it needs, and give you the price it would take to get there. This can be deducted from your trade in amount. We only take bikes as trade-ins towards new bikes or store credits.
Why are Trek bikes so expensive?
The Remedy is different from other bikes,and justifiably more expensive because it has suspension pivots and a standard headtube size. They can charge a lot for their higher end bikes because they sell a lot.
How can I get a discount on a bike?
There are few ways to get maximum discount!
- Visit the showroom between ~23-28th of a month. As they have to finish the months target, they will try to give to some discounts.
- March month is the best time to get amazing offers AFAIK.
- Getting a MY2018 model at early 2019.
- Festive seasons can fetch you some discount too!
Is trek the best bike brand?
Trek does build a quality product.. but as Simon says, they build them for every price point so you can get things at various levels. You can get a great Giant, Specialized, Fuji whatever and probably for a lower price. But yes, to answer directly, Trek builds a good quality bike.
Can you buy assembled bikes at Walmart?
Walmart advertises in-store assembly free of charge for those purchasing bikes at any location where bikes are sold.
Does Walmart offer free bike assembly?
Free bicycle assembly may be offered by your local Walmart if you choose to pick-up your item.
When you buy a bike from Walmart is it already assembled?
All bikes, whether destined for Walmart or an independent bike dealer, are shipped to the dealer partially assembled: Even bikes from mainstream cycling brands sometimes aren’t properly built at the factory and need to be thoroughly checked during assembly.
Are Walmart bikes good?
If it is to be ridden short distance and not maintained constantly then yes, you can purchase an inexpensive, comfortable bike from Walmart. Buy a good seat, it’s worth it. If it is a bicycle for a beginner, or someone who wants to begin learning how to service bikes then I would again say yes.
Is Planet Cyclery legit?
Taking into consideration the criticisms and the customers’ reviews, Planet Cyclery seems like a legit and good company for those looking for all-biking products. Overall, it seems like Planet Cyclery is well-behaved and very responsive.
What size bike should I buy?
Road bike size chart
|Rider height||Suggested frame size|
|5`6″-5`9″||168-175 cm||54-55 cm|
|5`9″-6`0″||175-183 cm||56-57-58 cm|
|6`0″-6`3″||183-191 cm||58-59-60 cm|
4 more rows
Which is better Giant or Trek?
Overall, Giant is less expensive than Trek. Because of where they are manufactured, Giant is able to keep the costs of its bike lower. Trek bikes do offer budget-friendly rides, but their bikes, on average, are more expensive to purchase.
Is Trek bike worth the money?
As well to ask if any first-tier brand’s bikes are worth the money. At the top end, Trek (along with Specialized, Giant, Cervelo, …) Only if you’ve got the money to spare, and having a bike that’s . 0005% better than the next one is worth a couple extra thousand bucks to you.
Do bike shops negotiate price?
Bottom line is NO a bike shop will not lower the price for you just because you haggled! The profit margin is low on bikes and no lead way to discount. Some bike stores will discount their bikes when the next year models come out.
What’s wrong with Walmart bikes?
The best thing about a walmart bike is the warantee. Yes, they are indeed that bad. They are very poorly manufactured, and often poorly assembled. Unlike other varieties of low-end stuff one might find at a place like Wal-Mart, the problem with crappy bikes is that they have the potential to really be dangerous.
What is the best cheap bike?
View The Best Cheap Bike Below
- Schwinn Discover 700c Hybrid Bicycle.
- sixthreezero Around the Block Men’s Cruiser Bike.
- sixthreezero Ride in The Park Men’s Touring City Road Bicycle.
- Firmstrong Urban Man Beach Cruiser Bicycle.
- Vilano Aluminum Road Bike.
- Northwoods Aluminum Full Suspension Mountain Bike.
Which is a better bike Schwinn or Mongoose?
Mongoose’s bikes have price-appropriate components, but they are always the best for the cost. More expensive models have hydraulic disc brakes, mid-range bikes have mechanical disc brakes, and the low-cost Mongoose bikes come with caliper brakes, but they are all good quality brakes.
How much do bike shops mark up bikes?
A high margin would be 40-45% (66-80% markup), low end would be around 20% margin (25% markup) in my experience (as an employee). so for a $500 bike a 40% margin is $200, $300 original cost to the shop. In markup terms, a $500 bike that costs $300 wholesale is 200/300 = 66% markup.
What is the best time of year to buy a bicycle?
New models typically come out between September and November, but some will debut as early as late July, depending on the company. The best time to look into getting a new bike, then, is usually at the end of the cycling season (mid autumn).
How do I buy a good used bike?
Tips for buying second hand bikes: The DOs
- Use a dedicated service, like Bikemart.
- Shop around before you set your heart on a second hand bike.
- Inspect the bike to see if it actually works.
- Hold fire before haggling on a second hand bike.
What should I know before buying a bike?
Your priorities should be:
- Frame: Test ride the bike, the frame is heart of the ride.
- Suspension: On mountain bikes, suspension almost goes hand-in-hand with the frame.
- Wheels: Reliability and rotating mass are important.
- Contact points: Tyres, saddle, and handlebars.
How much should a used bike cost?
Buying a used bike is one of the cheapest ways in the world to save money and have fun. For between $100 and $250 you can find a decent used bike that should not require much fixing; and for $250 to $500 you could find a really great used bike that would cost you well upwards of $1,000 new.
Is buying a used bike worth it?
Typically, that is why you buy used equipment. You don’t want to pay retail prices, but would like quality, so you try and find a 2–3 year old bike with the higher quality for less than 1/2 of what you might have paid for it new. So yes, I think it is worth it, if you have the patience and time.